International Adoption in Canada

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Adoption and other Family topics.

Where can I get information on adoption?

International Adoption in Canada

A Canadian citizen can adopt a child from a foreign country (including the US). There are several steps: -

1) Contact your Province/Territory - Ministry of Community and Social Services. They should give their approval.
2) Contact an adoption agency, which deals with International adoptions.
3) Contact CIC - to get immigration visa for the minor. It's important, since the minor can't enter Canada without having this document, even if you completed the adoption process in the child's country.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Family Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Alexis Niki